Acerca de la oferta
Specialist - Storage (AD6), at Europol
Place of employment: Europol Headquarters, The Hague, the Netherlands
Business Area: C1 ICT
Team: C11-IS Infrastructure Services
Schedule Type: Full Time
Europol is a young and growing organisation that became an EU agency in 2010. It is constantly looking for creative, self-reliant and energetic employees, who are up to the challenges involved in international crime-fighting, to work in its state-of-the-art headquarters in The Hague, the Netherlands.
Working in close-knit teams, our specialists use their expertise and our cutting-edge technology to support investigations into serious organised crime and terrorism within and outside the EU.
Employment at Europol is open to nationals of EU Member States. There is no nationality quota system in operation, but Europol is striving for a broad range of nationalities in order to keep a well-balanced geographical distribution among its staff members. Applications from female candidates are particularly encouraged.
BACKGROUND, MAIN PURPOSE AND TASKS OF THE POST:
The successful applicant will have to carry out the following main duties:
- Responsible for the engineering of all Storage Systems and Server Virtualisations platforms with Europol using the latest technologies and trends;
- Design and integrate Storage Solutions like server storage, redundancy & failover, backup & restore and disaster recovery;
- Continuous improvement of the environments to meet the latest business and project demands in terms of performance and scalability;
- Create and maintain project-related technical documentation, including design and deployment documentation;
- Lead the implementation of new solutions;
- Follow closely product evolution, market and technology trends and create fit/no-fit analysis to Europol needs and expected/identified usage scenarios;
- Perform any other tasks in the area of competence as assigned by the line management.
REQUIREMENTS - ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
- Be a national of one of the Member States of the European Union and enjoy full rights as a citizen;
- Produce evidence of knowledge of 2 EU languages (one-C2 level and the other at least B1 level)
- Have a university degree of at least 3 years OR one of the following professional certifications of an equivalent level in a relevant area: EMC specific: EMCDCA, EMCPE, EMCTA ; Generic: • SNIA SCSP, SNIA SCSE, SNIA SCSA;Virtualization: MCSE (Desktop and/or Server Infrastructure), VMware Certified (Advanced) Professional, Citrix Certified Professional (Expert).
- In addition to the above at least 3 years of work experience gained following the award of the diploma or first relevant certificate.
REQUIREMENTS - SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Experience in translating Architecture design documentation into a High Level Design and an implementable Low Level Design including related documentation for hand over to Operations
- Hands on experience with designing and integrating Storage Solutions like server storage, redundancy & failover, backup & restore and disaster recovery;
- Experience in setting up Storage Capacity reporting
- Experience with Storage performance measurement and optimisation
Detailed information on the selection procedure, including the appeal procedure is available in the Europol Recruitment Guidelines, which can be found at https://www.europol.europa.eu /
The basic monthly salary is EUR5079,70 (step 1) or EUR 5293,16 (step 2).
In addition, if applicable, allowances such as expatriation allowance, household allowance, dependent child and education allowance may be granted. Europol offers a comprehensive welfare package comprising additional benefits such as medical insurance, unemployment and invalidity allowance as well as a pension scheme. Salaries are subject to a community tax but exempt from national taxation.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Engagement for this position is subject to the successful completion of a probationary period of 9 months. The requested level of Security Clearance for this post is: CONFIDENTIAL UE/EU CONFIDENTIAL.
The successful candidate will be recruited as Temporary Agent AD 6 pursuant to Article 2 (f) of CEOS, for a period of 5 years (full-time – 40 hours a week). The contract may be renewed once for a period of 4 years. Only in highly exceptional cases, Europol grants third contracts of an indefinite nature.
For further information on terms and conditions please consult the EC Staff Regulations which are available at https://www.europol.europa.eu /
Deadline for application: 10 February 2017
Recruitment procedure: February/March 2017
APPLICATION PROCESS AND SELECTION PROCEDURE
Please refer to the Europol Recruitment Guidelines available at https://www.europol.europa.eu/ for further details on the application process and the selection procedure.
For further details on the application process please call +31 (0) 70 353 1583 or +31 (0) 70 353 1298. You may also contact us by email: C52@europol.europa.eu
Expiration Date: 10/02/2017
Please click on the "Apply" button to complete your application.